Continuing our articles dedicated to lighting design, in which we analyzed the best techniques to illuminate the various rooms of the house, and how to best use Led Spots in the design of light, we want to examine the use of LED track lighting 48v low voltage within a project, be it residential, contract, or office.
The 48v tracks represent the technical evolution of the mains voltage or 230v tracks, which we still find on the market but which are slowly yielding market shares in favor of the most modern and innovative cousins.
Let’s quickly analyze what are the advantages of 48v led track lighting compared to the previous mains voltage:
- Aesthetic elegance, deriving from the technical innovation inherent in their structure, which allows to considerably contain the dimensions of the track and the lighting bodies with which we can configure it.
- Longer life of the lighting fixture compared to those with integrated power supply inside which, producing more heat, reduce their average life.
- Simplicity of dimming of the light and quality of the same both with management of the entire line and of each single light point independently according to the type of protocol used.
- Greater safety of the system for the use of very low 48V voltage.
- Greater flexibility of use thanks to the possibility of the 48V track to install much longer lines than the mains voltage tracks, in fact we reach up to 30m in length.
The advantages we have just analyzed allow us to use this new technology in all our projects both in the Office or Industrial field, the natural connotation of the product, but also in the residential or high-quality food sector.
Recalling what we wrote in the previous article focused on how to “best illuminate with LED spots”, the trend in lighting design in the residential sector is to coordinate the light with the furniture as much as possible, managing to highlight the various areas of the house that we intend to enhance compared to those that do not need to be highlighted. The technical limitation of the recessed spots is that once installed they can no longer be moved from their position. This problem is perfectly solved with the use of 48v led track lighting, as they allow the light designer to have maximum flexibility of movement of the lighting bodies along the installed track
The reduced size and minimalist elegance of the track and low voltage lighting fixtures have given a new sprint to their use in residential projects, giving the possibility to us light designers to range over a wider range of products than the classic downlights in trade.
The greater flexibility of the 48V tracks is not limited only to the possibility of sliding the lighting bodies along their structure, but we find it above all in the variety of lighting solutions that can be installed inside, each of which responds to a different design requirement.
Imagine the enormous advantage in the design of the light of an open space office given by the possibility of changing the configuration of the lamps in concert with the changes in the layout of the rooms and furnishings.
Let’s now analyze which lighting bodies can be inserted in a system designed with this new technology:
- Fixed spot LED which respond to the need to illuminate with a beam of light that can be customized in the width (Spot, Medium, Flood) exactly on their vertical.
- Adjustable projectors, ideal for concentrating a light beam on an object or a covering material that is not exactly under the lighting body.
- Technical or decorative suspensions, used to illuminate worktops, dining tables or breakfast tops in a kitchen.
- Linear LED luminaires, installed to illuminate a room in a diffuse way, having a very wide beam of light.
Lid design wants to bring all the new collections of the top lighting brands to your home without having to move from the sofa. This year also for us it was not impossible to attend live the presentations of the news of our partners Iguzzini, Flos, Wever & Ducrè, Arkoslight, in fact the Light And Building in Frankfurt, the world’s largest event in the sector, was canceled due to Covid- 19.
Let’s review some of their new proposals for 48v led track lighting: